Sunday, August 24, 2008
bad news...good news
so as many of you know last tuesday we had a little scare in my family. bad news: my dad had a stroke and lost all movement and control over the left side of his body. good news: he never lost his speech or cognitive processes just the use of his left arm and leg. bad news: still don't know what caused it. good news: they found the clot deep in the right side of his brain, everything is healthy, no hypertension, no plaque build up, heart is good, he is young, not overweight. thus they don't know what caused the stroke. right now the only cause is genetics. bad news: i have his genes. good news: he out of the hospital and at a in patient rehab center. bad news: he can't come home for another week or two. good news: the rehab center is awesome and he is recovering quickly. he will fully recover. he has already regained major motor control and is now working on fine motor skills. he is improving everyday. conclusion: i love my dad so much and i am so thankful that he going to be able to heal and recover. physical trials are just a part of this life and i am glad that he will be able to overcome this trial. it won't be easy but he will fully recover and overcome. thank you to all those who have helped our family. your kind thoughts, concerns, and prayers are greatly appreciated. oh and my dad loves visitors!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
I was so worried when I heard about this!! Good thing our siblings keep in touch! Get better Rob! See you in November!
i'm so so glad your pops is doing better! and i love how kels talked about your "siblings keeping in touch" ha ha! how 's that all going? i haven't been updated in a while! (:
Glad your Dad is doing better! At least with all the bad news there is good news too, right?
I was shocked when I heard this! That is horrible and I am so glad to hear things are looking up! Good thing he is so determined! Good luck to you guys!
WE are so glad that he is doing good. I am glad that he loves visitors, I was wanting to go visit him but didn't know if he wanted visitors or not, now I know. If you need anything, you know where to find us!
Your dad finally gets to come home tomorrow - Yay! It's such a blessing that your dad has such a good attitude and is so determined to progress, and he has a family that loves him so very much. Good luck with everything. How are your wedding plans coming???
KALI!!!!!! I will keep your Dad in my prayers!!!
and.... CONGRATS ON THE ENGAGEMENT!!!!! You and Kason are too perfect!!!!!!! And hey if you need invitations let me know my hubby owns a print shop and we make invitations!!! Of course it would be cheap too!!! Just e-mail me!! idofaces56@aol.com! I hope your doing great, You doing alumni??? Love ya!!
-Tasia
Post a Comment